1. Health problems and healthcare needs of elderly-community perspective from a rural setting in India. International Journal of Community Medicine and Public Health. April 2017. http://dx.doi.org/10.18203/2394-6040.ijcmph20171351
2. K Shanmugam, ,SL Ravishankar, S Kannappan & Chacko TV.Prevalence of overweight and obesity among children aged 5–15 years in a rural school in Coimbatore – International Journal of Medical Science and Public Health 2016; Vol 5:11, pp 2086-89
3. H.S. Kiran, Thomas V. Chacko, K.A. Sudharshana Murthy, H. Basavana Gowdappa. Enhancing the Clinical Reasoning Skills of Postgraduate Students in Internal Medicine through Medical Nonfiction and Nonmedical Fiction Extracurricular Books. Mayo Clinic Proceedings December 2016; 91: 12; 1761–1768
4. Johnson Cherian & Thomas V Chacko. Using newspaper cuttings for mapping gaps in curriculum. accepted for publication under “Really Good Stuff in Medical Education” section in the journal Medical Education in July 2017 doi: 10.1111/medu.13288
5. Thomas V Chacko. The Scholarship of Teaching: Why India should promote it for promotion & tenure. Journal of Education Technology in Health Sciences 2017; 4 (1): 1-4
6. Chacko TV. Simulation-based Medical Education: using best practices and curriculum mapping to maximize educational benefits in the context of shift towards Competency-based Medical Education. Arch Med Health Sci 2017; 5: 9-15
7. Sengupta, Paramita and Benjamin, Anoop Ivan. Countdown 2015: an assessment of basic provision to migrant families in the urban slums of Ludhiana, North India. Environment and Urbanization 2016; 28(2):569-582. DOI: 10.1177/0956247816647339
8. Mathews NE, Sengupta P, Benjamin AI. Effect of Vitamin-D supplementation on blood pressure in post-menopausal women: a community based interventional study. The Journal of Community Health Management, July-September 2016;3(3):127-132. DOI: 10.5958/2394-2738.2016.00027.3
9. Paramita Sengupta, Anoop I Benjamin, Bontha V Babu. Status of maternal and child health services amongst migrants in Ludhiana slums: how far from the MDG targets? International Journal of Community Health and Public Health, April 2017;4(4): DOI:
10. Pramod Thomas, Vishwajit Nimgaonkar, Smita Deshpande. Circadian rhythm and cognitive impairment among the Schizophrenia, Bipolar affected participants, their first degree relatives and normal healthy participants. A comparative study. Asian Journal of Psychiatry (Submitted, April, 2017)
11. Anusha Merline J Delinda Linu Swornile, Pramod Thomas, Suseela K Pillai, Prasanna Kumari L. Prevalence of Anaemia among Female Medical Students. International Journal of Scientific Research. 2017
12. Deepak Gauba, Pramod Thomas, Yatan P.S Balhara, Smita N Deshpande. Psychiatric comorbidity and physical correlates in alcohol dependent patients. Indian Journal of Psychological Medicine. 2016. Vol. 38, Issue. 5. 414-418.
13. Quality of life and probable psychological distress among male workers at a construction site, Kolar district, Karnataka, India. Indian J Occup Environ Med.2016 Jan-Apr; 20(1):pp. 54–59.
14. Barriers to childhood immunisation among women in an urban underprivileged area of Bangalore city, Karnataka, India: a qualitative study. Int J Community Med Public Health. 2016; 3(6): pp.1525-1530.
15. The Prevalance of Helicobacter Pykloru Infection in Patients with Liver Cirrhosis with Peptic Ulcer disease with and without Symptoms in a Rural Teritiary care hospital. Jayan M Gopinath, Sanjoy Joseph George, Abel Samuel.IOSR Journal of Dental and Medical Sciences (IOSR-JDMS). 2016;16 (8), 2279-0861
16. Incremental yield of second sputum smear examination for diagnosis of tuberculosis patients at a tertiary care teaching hospital in Puducherry, IndiaRC Chauhan, AJ Purty, A Samuel, Z Singh. Journal of Medical Society 2016; 30 (2), 89
17. Geographic information system as a potential tool for defining “hotspots” in road-traffic accidentsR Prasad, T Muthukumar, A Samuel, Z Singh. International Journal of Health System and Disaster Management. 2016; 4 (2), 72-72
18. SZ Murugan N, Abel Samuel, Muthukumar T, Joy Bazroy, Purty AJ. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences Review and Research.2016 ; 36 (1), 205-07.
19. Diet and exercise in obesity : A case report from India. A Samuel, J Bazroy, A Purty, KK Herald, Z Singh, M Sridhar, I Srikanth. International Journal of Nutrition, Pharmacology, Neurological Diseases. . 2016; 5 (4), 166-70
20. Anupama P, Naik PR, Pracheth R. Functional assessment of elderly population: a community-based cross-sectional study. Int J Med Sci Public Health.2016; 5(3): 438-442
21. Koshy JM,Mohan S, Deodhar D, John M, Oberoi A, Pannu A. Clinical diversity of CNS Cryptococcosis. J Assoc Physician India. 2016 ;64:15-19
22. Deodhar D, Koshy JM, John M. Postexposure management of occupational injuries amongst health care workers. CHRISMED J Health Res2016; 3:151-4. Available at:http://www.cjhr.org/text.asp?2016/3/3/151/183727.
23. Koshy JM, Bhalla A, Pandian J, Varghese A, George UB, Jacob JJ. Multiple cranial nerve palsies in an elderly diabetic. CHRISMED J Health Res 2016;3:65-70
24. Serological evidence of rickettsial infections in a tertiary care center in Punjab Maria Thomas, Aroma Oberoi , Vipin Sam Alexander and Anna Mani. 2016 Vol. 6 (2) May-August, pp. 114-117
25. Prevalence of carbapenemase producing organisms in a tertiary care hospital in Ludhiana Mathias A, Oberoi A, John M, Alexander VS. CHRISMED J Health Res 2016;3:263-7.
26. Comparative activity of doripenem, imipenem and meropenem against gram negative pathogens: a preliminary study. Vipin Sam Alexander, Aroma Oberoi, Atul Kumar. J. Evolution Med. Dent. Sci. 2016;5(44):2758-2762, DOI: 10.14260/jemds/2016/644
27. Pneumocystis jirovecii pneumonia: prevalence in hospitalised patients, a study conducted in a tertiary centre in punjab. Dilip Abraham, Aroma Oberoi, Eshani Dewan, Vipin Sam Alexander. J. Evolution Med. Dent. Sci. 2016;5(32):1695-1698, DOI: 10.14260/jemds/2016/399
28. Epidemiological and Microbiological Profile of Infective Keratitis at a Tertiary Care Centre in Central Zone of Kerala, India” [Original Article] by Reena Anie Jose in National Journal of Laboratory Medicine, 2017 Jan, Vol-6 (1): M006-M011
29. Cicily TJ, Sams S, Gopal AK. Effect of Hydration Therapy on Oligohydramnios. International Journal of Reproduction, Contraception, Obstetrics and Gynaecology. 2017; 6(5): 1800-5
30. Sams S, Cicily TJ, Balachandran A. Institutional Study of Primary Caeserean Section among Multigravida. Journal of Medical Science and Clinical Research. 2017; 5(4): 20713-20
31. Cicily TJ, Sams S, Job J. Effect of Progesterone Supplementation to Prevent Preterm Labour. Journal of Medical Science and Clinical Research. 2017; 5(4): 20159-67
32. Cicily TJ, Sams S, Bindu KM. Aetiology and Prognosis in Pregnancy related Acute Renal failure. Journal of Medical Science and Clinical Research. 2017; 5(3): 19299-305
33. Ajithakumari Kumaran, Sathi Puthenparambath. Fine needle aspiration diagnosis of Nodular fasciitis – A case Report. Journal of cytology 2016 Oct; 33:172-4
34. Diverticular disease of colon: Changing trends. Int J Case Rep Images. Ajithakumari K, Umman P, Varkey R, Johnson D, Gopal G, John A. (Accepted for publication in November 2016 issue of international journal of case reports & images)
35. Aradhana Harrison, Dinesh Chandra, Naveen Kakkar, Sheila Das & M. Joseph John Hemophagocytosis by Leukemic Blasts in T Cell Acute Lymphoblastic Leukaemia: An Unusual Finding. Indian J Hematol Blood Transfus (2016) 32:23-25 DOI 10.1007/s12288-015-0531-4
36. Macroscopic appearances and microscopic pathology of benign and malignant soft tissue tumors. International Journal of Recent Trends in science and Technology Vol 16
37. Evaluation of combined sonohysterography and cervical cytology as a first line investigation in female subfertility.International journal of Recent Trends in Science and Technology Vol 17
38. PCR screening of Cervical Human Papilloma virus infection cytological and histological association in 108 women. Indian Journal of Applied Research Volume 16 issued 4 April 2016
39. Ivan R.A, Chacko K.P, Natarajasreenivasan .K, Sarada V, Chandran .G, Nagarajan .P,. PCR Screening of Cervical Human Papilloma Virus Infections. Cytological and Histological Associations in 108 Women, Indian journal of Applied Research, 6 (4), 2016, 52-54
40. Jose J, Devassykutty D., Evaluation of Antibacterial Activity of Asparagus Racemosus in Urinary Tract Infection, National Journal of Physiology, Pharmacy and Pharmacology., 2016, 6(6), 1-3.
41. Jose J, Devassykutty D., Paediatric Prescription Analysis in a Primary Health Care Institution. Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research, 2016, 10(11), 5-7.
42. Jacob Jesurun RS, Lavakumar S., Nephroprotective effect of ethanolic extract of abutilon indicum root in gentamicin induced acute renal failure. International Journal of Basic & Clinical Pharmacology. 2016, 5(3), 841-49.
43. Jacob Jesurun R. S., Manimekalai K., Somasundaram G., Subash K. R., Levetiracetam: an open label study on safety and efficacy in newly diagnosed partial onset seizures as monotherapy, International Journal of Basic & Clinical Pharmacology., 2016, 5(4)., 1249-53
44. Mathai Ashu Sara, Phillips Atul, Isaac Rajesh. Ventilator-associated pneumonia: A persistent healthcare problem in Indian Intensive Care Units! Lung India. 2016; 33: 512-6
45. Vitiligo – a good prognostic factor for malignant melanoma. Kerala Surgical Journal. Joyal Jose, Philip Umman. KSJ Aug 2016. Vol 23 (2):73-75
46. Philip Umman et al., Rotation Flap Closure of Moderate Size Scalp Defects – Technique and Outcome. Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research. 2016 Nov, Vol-10(11): PD21-PD23.
47. Kumara KA, Umman P, Varkey R, Johnson D, Gopal G, John A. Diverticular disease of colon: Changing trends- Report of four cases with review of literature. International Journal of Case Reports and Images (IJCR)
48. Chen C.L, Pillai V.G. Pediatric Living Donor Liver Transplantation. Operative Techniques in Liver Resection, 2016. 265-67
49. Visual Function and Ocular Status in Children with Disabilities in Special Schools of Northern India. Kaur G, Thomas S, Jindal M, Bhatti SM. J Clin Diagn Res. 2016 Oct;10(10):NC01-NC04. Epub 2016 Oct 1.
50. Vision Screening of School Children by Teachers as a Community Based Strategy to Address the Challenges of Childhood Blindness. Kaur G, Koshy J, Thomas S, Kapoor H, Zachariah JG, Bedi S. J Clin Diagn Res. 2016 Apr;10(4):NC09-14. doi: 10.7860/JCDR/2016/18939.7628. Epub 2016 Apr 1
51. Roshin MV, Padmanabha Shenoy, Surendran K. A Study of Hand Deformities in Rheumatoid Arthritis. Amrita Journal of Medicine 2017;13:30-38
52. Thomas V. Chacko, Prabha Thangaraj, Muhammad GM. How Fall-safe is the Housing for the Elderly in rural areas? : A cross sectional study using fall prevention screening checklist. J Ind Acad of Geriatrics. 2017; 13:124-130)
53. Anila A Mathews, Prathyusha K, Thomas V. Chacko, Amudha G. Effectiveness of Interactive Case Based Learning in Medical Microbiology. J Education Technology in Health Sciences. 2017 ; 4 (3): 112-115.